EcoService Models Library (ESML)
The ideal EM for use in a given situation should provide enough information to identify sources of uncertainty, ideally quantitatively. The degree of confidence that can be placed in results from a documented application of an EM will be higher if modeling included and documented any of the following procedures, which are all reflected in ESML descriptors:
- Model goodness of fit (tendency of model estimates to fit a given data set)
- Model validation (evaluation of model performance against other data or models). ?
- Characterization of predictor or response variable variability
- Sensitivity analysis (assessment of response variable sensitivity to predictor variable variation)
- Uncertainty analysis (evaluation of the sources and magnitude of uncertainty in EM responses)
View the ESML Data Map to see a full listing of ESML descriptors.